lichess.org
Donate

Lag??

Is it me or the update made lag worse for bullet? I have usually 300~550ping but felt like recently I lost more often on lag zzzzzz

:(((
I have a problem while playing bullet tournaments, after automatic pairing, I can see the board with both players offline, and I have to refresh this page with F5, otherwise game will be lost. And also in the tournament main page, sometimes pops up notification like "reconnecting", and again only F5 helps, otherwise I cant join my game. It appears dozen of times today in 3-4 tournaments I played.
What causes "lag"?

My ping is usually around 90-100, but last night was 400-500. What causes this?
Hey thibault. I notice you get tired of defending your servers when people constantly blame you for their lag. I follow you so I've read your responses to this often mentioned issue.

Maybe you could redirect posts like this to a well-explained FAQ so that someone who isn't as well versed as you can get an explanation instead of a two-word answer.

I say this only because I love everything about lichess.
why when i play bullet it lags for like 4 seconds when i have already pre moved or moved, it happens at least twice in every bullet game, so i lose on time always. My connection is good and computer is okey, so it should not be problem here. I think its some weird bug in lichess site. Maybe someone knows how to fix it, because i really like playing here.
It's on your side. I know it because I monitor lichess response times. I have logs, stats, and charts. Do you?

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.